NSW Govt. has now released the application forms for the previously announced $10k Small Business Grant.
To apply for the grant visit Service NSW website.
To be eligible for this grant, you must:
- be based in NSW
- be a small business (see guidelines)
- be registered with an ABN as at 1 March 2020
- have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (a Business Activity Statement must be provided as evidence)
Where a small business does not submit a BAS to the Australian Tax Office and meets all other criteria, the small business should contact Service NSW to discuss further. In these cases, an income tax declaration may be accepted as evidence of an annual turnover of $75,000.
- employ 1-19 full-time workers as at 1 March 2020
- be able to report a payroll below the NSW 2019-2020 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- have been highly impacted by Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 effective on 31 March 2020
- have experienced at least 75% decline in turnover compared to the same two-week period in 2019, as a result of COVID-19 (for businesses that have been in operation for less than 12 months, refer to the guidelines)
- have unavoidable business costs not otherwise the subject of other NSW and Commonwealth Government financial assistance measures.
If your business is not in one of the highly impacted industries (as listed in the guidelines) but you can demonstrate a significant disruption to your business resulting in a 75% reduction in turnover as a result of the Public Health Order 2020, you may be eligible for this grant. You will require a letter from your accountant confirming you meet a number of criteria (refer to the guidelines).
If you are a sole trader and you do not employ staff, you are not eligible for this assistance. Please visit further information on JobSeeker payments.
If you are unsure if you meet these criteria, we encourage you to speak with a Business Concierge or seek financial advice to understand what assistance you may be able to access.
Highly impacted industries
Accommodation and Food Services
- Clubs (Hospitality)
- Pubs, Taverns and Bars
- Cafés and Restaurants
- Catering Services
Administrative and Support Services
- Travel Agency and Tour Arrangement Services
Arts and Recreation Services
- Museum Operation
- Zoological and Botanical Gardens Operation
- Casino Operation
- Other Gambling Activities
- Other Horse and Dog Racing Activities
- Performing Arts Operation
- Performing Arts Venue Operation
- Amusement and Other Recreational Activities n.e.c.
- Amusement Parks and Centres Operation
- Health and Fitness Centres and Gymnasia Operation
- Horse and Dog Racing Administration and Track Operation
- Nature Reserves and Conservation Parks Operation
- Sports and Physical Recreation Administrative Service
- Sports and Physical Recreation Clubs and Sports Professionals
- Sports and Physical Recreation Instruction
- Sports and Physical Recreation Venues, Grounds and Facilities Operation
Information Media and Telecommunications
- Libraries and Archives
- Motion Picture Exhibition
- Brothel Keeping and Prostitution Services
- Hairdressing and Beauty Services
- Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Services
- Other Personal Services n.e.c.
Retail (excluding food retailing)
- Car Retailing
- Motor Cycle Retailing
- Trailer and Other Motor Vehicle Retailing
- Motor Vehicle Parts Retailing
- Tyre Retailing
- Furniture Retailing
- Floor Coverings Retailing
- Houseware Retailing
- Manchester and Other Textile Goods Retailing
- Electrical, Electronic and Gas Appliance Retailing
- Computer and Computer Peripheral Retailing
- Other Electrical and Electronic Goods Retailing
- Hardware and Building Supplies Retailing
- Garden Supplies Retailing
- Sport and Camping Equipment Retailing
- Entertainment Media Retailing
- Toy and Game Retailing
- Newspaper and Book Retailing
- Marine Equipment Retailing
- Clothing Retailing
- Footwear Retailing
- Watch and Jewellery Retailing
- Other Personal Accessory Retailing
- Department Stores
- Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic and Toiletry Goods Retailing
- Stationery Goods Retailing
- Antique and Used Goods Retailing
- Flower Retailing
- Other Store-Based Retailing n.e.c.
- Non-Store Retailing
- Retail Commission-Based Buying and/or Selling
- Taxi and Other Road Transport
- Air and Space Transport
Rental, Hiring and Real Estate
Education and Training
- Preschool Education
- Primary Education
- Secondary Education
- Combined Primary and Secondary Education
- Special School Education
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training
- Higher Education
- Sports and Physical Recreation Instruction
- Arts Education
- Adult, Community and Other Education n.e.c.
- Educational Support Services
- Textile Product Wholesaling
- Clothing and Footwear Wholesaling
- Pharmaceutical and Toiletry Goods Wholesaling
- Furniture and Floor Covering Wholesaling
- Jewellery and Watch Wholesaling
- Kitchen and Diningware Wholesaling
- Toy and Sporting Goods Wholesaling
- Book and Magazine Wholesaling
- Paper Product Wholesaling
- Other Goods Wholesaling n.e.c.
- Commission-Based Wholesaling
Forementioned content has been provided by Service NSW website as of 15 April 2020.
Need help? Give us a call on (02) 6362 8255